Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Creative Time and Space

My work place and I have a very love/hate relationship. Mostly I love my job. I also greatly enjoy walking past art/craft books and taking note of interesting titles. However, Barnes and Noble is laid out in such a way that on my way to and from the break room, I walk past the art/craft section at least 8 times a day in an 8 1/2 hour shift. It is ridiculous to have a shopping/craft addict walk past her crack 8 times in one day without her buying some smack. Today my high involved purchasing this book. I justified it because the book has already been rather useful. My chronically disorganized state is something I have been fretting about for the majority of my life. This book has already helped me organize some of my thoughts (I even drew a diagram- which I would photograph and post for all of you if my camera batteries weren't dead- of all the things I have to organize as well as tools to help me do it) and Saturday is the day of organizing my things. I'm roping off the entire day before the Mustard Plug concert in Bay View to clean up and organize my shit. Fortunately, this is also the day before my mom's big holiday bash, so my room will actually be presentable for once. Yay!

Also, today I get to sign up for classes for Spring semester. I am going to go do that now....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book.

    J3ss1ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I would LOVE to work at a big bookstore like that, but I'm sure that my paycheck would be gone before I had a chance to cash it! :(

    yellowhallstudio (swapbot)

    ReplyDelete